[Fwd: Re: [Usability] Re: [Desktop_architects] Printing dialog and GNOME (Summit mockups)]

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at kde.org
Wed Dec 14 09:43:12 PST 2005

On Wednesday 14 December 2005 17:29, Martin Konold wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 14. Dezember 2005 12:22 schrieb Tomasz Janowitz:
>
> Hi,
>
> > unfortunately I find both have become a bit "top heavy" and seem
> > sluggish on older equipment often found in schools and non-for-profit
> > organizations.
>
> I am not willing to accept this often repeated point without actual
> numbers. For KDE I claim that it became faster over time provided you
> compare the same feature set and do the correct configurations.

 Cool, so now we're going to add one more flamewar about performance? Ok, let
me make it more interesting by saying that KDE can start as quickly as
Xfce[*] and let's see more flames coming.

 Seriously, could all the discussions about GNOME print dialog, possibilities
of GNOME configuration, mouse jumping while copying files and similar things
be please moved to wherever they belong? I don't think that this wherever is
this list.

[*] Which it actually can as bootcharts in my blog show, but that's beside the
point here as well.

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer