[Usability] Re: [Desktop_architects] Printing dialog and GNOME (Summit mockups)

Daniel F Moisset dmoisset at grulic.org.ar
Wed Dec 14 06:23:01 PST 2005

On Tue, 2005-12-13 at 11:32 -0800, Alex Graveley wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Carl Worth wrote:
>  > PS. These side threads are entertaining, but I do hope we also get
>  > back to Till's original list and we can all work together on designing
>  > a good print dialog.
>
> To this effect, here are the mockups I made at the Boston GNOME Summit
> to point out some of the directions I/we were hoping to go with a GTK
> print dialog.
>
> Many things missing here... showing printer wait estimates, drop-down
> for saved settings if you have some, searchable chooser for networks
> with many printers, per-application custom controls, etc.

Looks nice! But something I would change is the arrows for switching
preview pages. Having to click 123 times in a row a button because I
want to preview/select page 124 would be very frustrating.

Perhaps the right widget to use there is a scrollbar? (it has the two
buttons, it has page advance, and it has dragging to getting close to
the desired value quickly)

	D.

--
"Why program by hand in five days what you can spend five years of your
life automating."