[Usability] Re: [Desktop_architects] Printing dialog and GNOME (Summit mockups)

Tomasz Janowitz logan77 at o2.pl
Tue Dec 13 16:13:29 PST 2005

Hi.

-> Michael Sweet - very good points!

I would add:
1) The 'current page' option should be there in a print dialog (next to 'all' ?)
2) The same with print to file.
3) Odd/even pages selection should definitely be on print dialog (not in the settings) - it's just to
common option. It should be exposed, so that user can see what actually is going to be printed. I don't
think there is need for "comment" next to this button as it is of now, since the button is rather
self-explanatory. Could also be made narrower.
4) Maybe the landscape/portrait selection could also be on this dialog (possibly only with check box -
while this may sacrifice some easy of use, the result would be still visible in 'page preview' window).

	I know that i propose to cram many things in one window, which probably you would like to keep simple,
but hiding to many features in 'preferences' and 'advanced' tabs can also be confusing, since i have to
remember the options i set, when i am back in 'print dialog' (not that i have difficulties with it :) ).

Regards.