[Desktop_architects] draft documents out of the communmity cooperation sessions

Daniel Stone daniel at fooishbar.org
Tue Dec 13 15:11:50 PST 2005

On Tue, Dec 13, 2005 at 11:49:47AM -0800, Jon Walker wrote:
> As an ISV, this is exciting to see. One opinion I have that may not
> resonate with everyone here is that conflict resolution should be done
> by a group that DOES NOT contain representatives of the various projects
> but rather the beneficiaries i.e. users and ISVs (and/or whoever else is
> a beneficiary of the work being done). I think that this produces better
> results and also tends to avoid compromises where the right solution
> would oppose a particular project's values. This may be wishful thinking
> as their may not be enough people outside of the various projects that
> care enough to participate in this way. I for one would. Maybe just
> working towards this goal is a good thing?

I guess your mail goal here is to get people who are able to make
unclouded, unemotional judgements on these sorts of issues (which, we're
obviously hoping, don't come up).  Getting people who aren't involved is
one way of doing this -- the other being, just pick people who are able
to make unclouded, unemotional judgements on these sorts of issues --
but you then run into the problem where they possibly don't understand
the issues at hand, which makes it hard for people to respect their
judgements on such.

Cheers,
Daniel