[Desktop_architects] draft documents out of the communmity cooperation sessions

Daniel Stone daniel at fooishbar.org
Tue Dec 13 15:08:00 PST 2005

On Tue, Dec 13, 2005 at 11:25:34PM +0100, Martin Konold wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 13. Dezember 2005 16:53 schrieb Keith Packard:
> > If these are drafts, please send them around in ASCII format so we can
> > make concrete editorial suggestions. Even in final form, ASCII is far
> > easier to use.
>
> While I agree that ASCII probably the right format and the least common
> denominator for these documents I want to mention that actually kword and
> probably other tools are able to open the pdf documents for editing without
> problems and allows for editorial suggestions ;-)

As can Evince and many other tools, but that's entirely orthogonal to
Keith's point, which is that ASCII is easier to just paste/quote/et al
with our current mailers.  My feedback cycle involved saving it to a
hidden directory and making sure it was 644, and then opening the PDFs
over the web, which I claim is suboptimal (and so is my current mail
situation, but whatever).