[Desktop_architects] Printing dialog and GNOME

Jeff Waugh jdub at perkypants.org
Tue Dec 13 10:02:40 PST 2005

<quote who="Timothy D. Witham">

>      But if you send the mail to somebody not using Evolution you get
> choppy
> lines heck you can get choppy lines if you send it to and Evolution user
> if
> they are using a different window size.  (I'm not fixing the paragraph
> so you can see what happens.)

Right, so I can see this from your emails, but could not reproduce it with
Evolution here. The text formatting (which is also used to produce extra
text/plain attachments when sending HTML mail) seems to work correctly.

> > > 	2) The navigation bars on the left side.
> >
> > Didn't really understand this description. You can hide those buttons if
> > they get in your way.
>
>    How?  I've looked  - please tell me.

View > Switcher Appearance > Hide buttons

> Yes, but what I get when I do that is a new window of the exact same
> component that I'm running right now.  What I used to be able to get was a
> calendar window sized and formatted the way I used it.  Now I get a
> default window (always) formatted and sized as the window I launched it
> from.  That's fine for a novice user but I want to have it my way not the
> way that somebody else decided it should be.

I can reproduce it here with the separated menu entries for each component.
Sounds like a regression within the 2.x series (probably between 2.0 and
2.2)... Have you filed a bug? If it hasn't been seen to already, then it's
probably because no bugs were filed about the change.

(On a bit of a tangent, I've been encouraging the Evolution maintainers to
ditch the 'one big blob of groupware' Outlook-style interface, and craft
each component as separate, task-optimised applications. They'll still work
together nicely, but they won't all be boxed up in that terribly generic
box.)

- Jeff

--
linux.conf.au 2006: Dunedin, New Zealand               http://linux.conf.au/

    "Jane Austen is the Don Burke of romantic comedy." - Andrew Bennetts