[Desktop_architects] Printing dialog and GNOME

Miller, Marc marc.miller at amd.com
Tue Dec 13 09:23:43 PST 2005

One of the things we discussed at the Desktop Architects is an effort to "focus on our strengths!"  One of our strengths is that customizability and control.  So leave the option there to change your mouse button behavior or modify advanced printing preferences.

Making the interface easy to manage does mean showing fewer customizable options... AT A TIME, not limiting customer choice.  Other operating systems put the more technical preferences under an "Advanced" button or tab.  If "MS-like" is truly the goal here, take that page out of their book.