[Desktop_architects] draft documents out of the communmity cooperation sessions

Daniel Stone daniel at fooishbar.org
Tue Dec 13 04:09:25 PST 2005

On Tue, Dec 13, 2005 at 03:05:17AM -0700, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> here are FIRST DRAFT[2] documents reflecting the results of the community
> cooperation sessions. these are not for redistribution[1]. i am currently

Dude, it's a publicly archived list.

I don't think I have any useful input on public statement.pdf or
community statement.pdf.  As for freedesktop proposal.pdf, it looks
very, very similar to the mail I've been drafting lately.

The one thing I'm concerned about is 'appointed by their projects'; I
think those four words should just be deleted.  I imagine that if one of
the project members quits, replacement (if deemed necessary) will be a
give and take arrangement between project and board until both are
happy.  It shouldn't be an absolute that any particular project has a
god-given right to one spot of their choosing at all times, IMO.

Oh, and I'd say s/FreeDesktop/freedesktop/g, but Waldo might disagree
with me here. :)

Cheers,
Daniel