[Desktop_architects] Portland: How to fix this situation

Mike Shaver shaver at mozilla.org
Thu Dec 8 15:57:58 PST 2005

> Anyway, having Inkscape available on all three platforms is itself an
> enabler for a lot of people.  We have several users who can run
> Linux at
> work or in their business, but be confident that they can share
> documents with their print shop and co-workers.

I didn't get a chance to talk about this at the DAM, but yes, yes,
yes.  The best thing that has ever happened to Linux users of
Firefox, IMO, is the adoption of it by tens of millions of Windows
users.  They indirectly fund the development, provide orders of
magnitude more test coverage to the benefit of all users, and
evangelize open source on the desktop whether they know it or not.

The second best thing was blizzard getting us past the freetype2
mess, but that's another story entirely.

Mike