[Desktop_architects] Printing Summit 2006

greg_kelleher at us.ibm.com greg_kelleher at us.ibm.com
Wed Dec 7 19:58:10 PST 2005

Hi Michael,

If working with the OSDL DTL  and member companies we assist with funding,
planning,  and the meeting coordination .

This would give you more than two months to focus on the content, meeting
objectives, presentations etc.. The Printing architects should not have
to worry about the logistics. We can work to get that covered for you

Greg

Michael Sweet <mike at easysw.com>
Sent by: desktop_architects-bounces at lists.osdl.org
12/07/2005 09:39 PM

Bryce Harrington <bryce at osdl.org>
cc
desktop_architects at lists.osdl.org
Subject
Re: [Desktop_architects] Printing Summit 2006

Bryce Harrington wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 08, 2005 at 02:45:27AM +0100, Till Kamppeter wrote:
>> Venue/Hosting
>> -------------
>>
>> We need conference rooms, the hacker room, cheap accomodation
>>
>> Perhaps one could connect it to another event, like LinuxWorld or
similar?

> There is an Open Space Technology meeting in Portland, Oregon, Feb 3-5,
> 2006 that might be an appropriate venue for this.  It will be held at
> the University Place Hotel.  The event is being designed in more of a
> "workshop" style than the usual "presentation" style, so I think it'd be
> appropriate for summits.
>
> More info is available on this wiki:  http://recentchangescamp.org/
>
> Info about the University Place Hotel, including floorplans, etc. are
> available here:  http://recentchangescamp.org/UniversityPlaceHotel

I think February (less than 2 months away) is insufficient time to
plan/organize this event.  Also, for once I'd like to meet on the
East coast - at least half of the proposed attendees are from the
this side of North America or from Europe, and cross-country/Atlantic
travel is tiring...