[Desktop_architects] Presentation slides - with attached templates

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Wed Dec 7 13:39:48 PST 2005

Egbert Eich wrote:
> Little off topic (we have gotten off topic a while ago ;-))
> On the ride from OSDL back to the hotel Till and I briefly discussed
> that it would be good if it was possible to pass the ghostscript
> command line options to ghostscript in the postscript file instead
> of adding them on the command line.

Most Ghostscript command-line options map to setpagedevice and
similar commands, so this should be a no-brainer.  In particular,
JobPatchFiles can be used to pass in basic initialization code
prior to any other commands...

> On the other hand it also would be nice if cups based GUI printer dialogs
> would offer a 'generic postscript printer' so that one could generate
> plain postscript for printing to a file.

I'm pretty sure that gnomeprint and kdeprint are capable of this
already, however "plain" or "device-independent" PostScript isn't
necessarily as useful as, say, PDF.