[Desktop_architects] Portland: TheLinux Desktop IntegrationInterface

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Mon Dec 5 14:40:53 PST 2005

Am Montag, 5. Dezember 2005 21:36 schrieb Bastian, Waldo:

Hi Waldo,

> The NETWM spec already defines how to dynamically pass an application
> icon to the window manager.

Note that this fine spec does not cover the requested desktop icon nor the
systray icon.

> This is an example of  the kind of developer questions that should be
> covered by the LSDN portal that has been talked about ;-)

Yes!

> [mailto:desktop_architects-bounces at lists.osdl.org] On Behalf Of Steve
> Northover

> Note that the solution you suggest relies on taking a file name, not an
> image that was created dynamically in memory.

Where did you read that?

Your question was about the image format and you explicitly mentioned a
perceived dependency on X11 formats. This is in no way related to either
image storage (like in a file, database or memory ) nor image transport
(file, memory, SYS V Shared memory, network data stream,...)

> > To me this discussions shows that we are in urgent need of the ISV
> > portal describing how to develop on the Linux desktop.

Regards,
-- martin

--
http://www.erfrakon.com/