[Desktop_architects] Portland: The Linux DesktopIntegrationInterface

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon Dec 5 10:26:59 PST 2005

On Monday 05 December 2005 10:16, Mike Shaver wrote:
> Microsoft also helped create winners in that space in a way that
> nobody has on Linux, and it's possible that nobody will be able to as
> long as we preserve as a core value that anyone can write a toolkit
> and it should be of equal standing.

i don't think that is a core value on the platform (one could point to various
toolkits as examples here, from Motif to the new enlightenment stuff); but it
should be *possible* for anyone to write a toolkit properly and it actually
be able to achieve equal standing technologically.

right now that is nigh impossible as we don't have a set of functional targets
that can be written to. let's fix that =)

--
Aaron J. Seigo