[RFC] IO scheduler based IO controller V7

Gui Jianfeng guijianfeng at cn.fujitsu.com
Thu Jul 30 22:21:51 PDT 2009

Hi Vivek,

Here are some test results for normal reads and write for IO Controller V7 by fio.
Tested with "fairness == 0". It seems performance gets better comparing with V6.

Mode         Normal read   |   Random read   |   Normal write   |   Random write  |  Direct read  |  Direct Write

2.6.31-rc1   71,613KiB/s       3,606KiB/s        66,250KiB/s        9,420KiB/s       51,535KiB/s     55,752KiB/s

V7           70,540KiB/s       3,551KiB/s        64,548KiB/s        9,677KiB/s       53,530KiB/s     54,145KiB/s

Performance  -1.5%             -1.5%             -2.6%              +2.7%            +3.9%           -2.9%

--
Regards
Gui Jianfeng