BUG in tty_open when using containers and ptrace

Sukadev Bhattiprolu sukadev at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Sat Jul 18 13:52:44 PDT 2009

Grzegorz Nosek [root at localdomain.pl] wrote:
| On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 09:47:44PM -0700, Sukadev Bhattiprolu wrote:
| > I am not too familiar with libvirt implementation, but do you think it
| > is possible to repro this using ns_exec and fewer/minimal namespaces ?

I have been trying to setup libvirt+lxc and am running into unrelated
problems.  That said,

| Just run the program below.

I defined this tty-bug program the container-init in my lxc.xml file

        <os>
                <type>exe</type>
                <init>/root/lxc/tty-bug</init>
        </os>

and tried running:

	virsh --connect lxc:/// start lxc-vm2

Is that what you mean by "just run" :-) ?

If so, I have to first resolve my unrelated problem with libvirtd+lxc.

Running "ns_exec -cpuim ./tty-bug", I dont get the failure with 2.6.31-rc3
on a Fedora 11 KVM.

Sukadev