dm-ioband + bio-cgroup benchmarks

Ryo Tsuruta ryov at valinux.co.jp
Fri Sep 19 04:31:53 PDT 2008

Hi Yoshikawa-san,

> When you have time, would you explain me how you succeeded to check the
> time, bandwidth, especially when you did write() tests? Actually, I tried
> similar tests and failed to check the bandwidth correctly. Did you insert
> something in the kernel source?

I'm using our own tool, which issues I/Os in prallel in a specified
period and counts up how many I/Os are issued and how many bytes are
transferred in the period.

I'm also using our own tool for measurement of throughput variation to
see the internal data of dm-ioband. This tool is implemented as a
kernel module.

Thanks,
Ryo Tsuruta