[RFC/PATCH] cgroup swap subsystem

Daisuke Nishimura nishimura at mxp.nes.nec.co.jp
Thu Mar 6 03:45:27 PST 2008

Hi.

> At first look, remembering mm struct is not very good.
> Remembering swap controller itself is better.

The swap_cgroup when the page(and page_cgroup) is allocated and
the swap_cgroup when the page is going to be swapped out may be
different by swap_cgroup_move_task(), so I think swap_cgroup
to be charged should be determined at the point of swapout.

Instead of pointing mm_struct from page_cgroup, it would be
better to determine the mm_struct which the page to be swapped
out is belongs to by rmap, and charge swap_cgroup of the mm_struct.
In this implementation, I don't need to add new member to page_cgroup.

What do you think ?

Thanks,
Daisuke Nishimura.