<HTML>
<HEAD>
<META content="text/html; charset=utf-8" http-equiv=Content-Type>
<META content="OPENWEBMAIL" name=GENERATOR>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<font size="2">aloha! 
<br />
<br />minutes from the 12 January 2010 Open Accessibility Workgroup 
<br />teleconference are available as hypertext at: 
<br />
<br /><a href="http://www.linuxfoundation.org/en/Accessibility/Minutes/Minutes20100112" target="_blank">http://www.linuxfoundation.org/en/Accessibility/Minutes/Minutes20100112</a> 
<br />
<br />and as plain text following my signature.  as usual, please report any 
<br />errors, mis-attributions, corrections, additions, and clarifications by 
<br />replying-to this announcement on-list. 
<br />
<br />the next Open A11y Workgroup Conference call will be held at 1600h UTC 
<br />on 26 January 2010 - find the meeting time and date in your time zone 
<br />using the following link: 
<br />
<br /><a href="http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=1&day=26&year=2010&hour=16&min=0&sec=0&p1=0" target="_blank">http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=1&amp;day=26&amp;year=2010&amp;hour=16&amp;min=0&amp;sec=0&amp;p1=0</a> 
<br />
<br />a preliminary agenda for the 26 January 2010 Open A11y Conference call 
<br />can be found at: 
<br />
<br /><a href="http://www.linuxfoundation.org/en/Accessibility/Minutes/Agenda20100126" target="_blank">http://www.linuxfoundation.org/en/Accessibility/Minutes/Agenda20100126</a> 
<br />
<br />thank you, gregory. 
<br />
<br />----- MINUTES OF THE 2010-01-12 OPEN A11Y WORKGROUP CONFERENCE CALL ----- 
<br />
<br />Open A11y Workgroup Conference Call (12 January 2010) 
<br />
<br />  NOTE: These minutes have not yet been finalized. 
<br />    _________________________________________________________________ 
<br />
<br />Preliminary Items 
<br />
<br />Participants 
<br />* Janina Sajka (JS/chair) 
<br />   * Pete Brunet (PB) 
<br />   * Gregory J. Rosmaita (GJR/scribe) 
<br />   * Brad Taylor (BT) 
<br />   * Will Walker (WW) 
<br />   * Jeremy Whiting (JW) 
<br />       * regrets: Mike Gorse (MG) 
<br />
<br />Introductions 
<br />
<br />  JS: Janina Sajka, chair of Open Accessibility Workgroup of the LF, 
<br />  chair of the PFWG at the W3C; experience in standards development and 
<br />  IT deployment; professional and consumer of technology 
<br />    * <a href="http://www.w3.org/wai/pf" target="_blank">http://www.w3.org/wai/pf</a> 
<br />
<br />  GJR: vice-chair, webmaster and listmaster Open Accessibility 
<br />  Workgroup; been in standards setting organizations for 15 years; 
<br />  umbillically connected to computer and assistive technology 
<br />    * <a href="http://www.linuxfoundation.org/en/User:Oedipus" target="_blank">http://www.linuxfoundation.org/en/User:Oedipus</a> 
<br />
<br />  WW: Will Walker, maintainer of Orca; also work on general GNOME 
<br />  accessibility 
<br />    * <a href="http://live.gnome.org/Orca" target="_blank">http://live.gnome.org/Orca</a> 
<br />
<br />  PB: chair of IAccessible SIG; worked for IBM's Accessibility Group; 
<br />  using IA2 to extend capabilities of MSAA -- dramatically improved 
<br />  accessibility over MSAA; currently working with the Adaptive 
<br />  Technology Resource Centre (ATRC) at the University of Toronto to come 
<br />  up with Java Access Bridge that complies with IA2 and developments 
<br />  since original accessbridge deployment 
<br />    * <a href="http://www.linuxfoundation.org/en/Accessibility/IAccessible2" target="_blank">http://www.linuxfoundation.org/en/Accessibility/IAccessible2</a> 
<br />    * <a href="http://atrc.utoronto.ca/" target="_blank">http://atrc.utoronto.ca/</a> 
<br />
<br />  BT: software manager for Novell; mono port and accessibility team; 
<br />  working on bridges, interfaces, EDK for moonlight -- first accessible 
<br />  flash-type plug-in for linux 
<br />    * <a href="http://mono-project.com/Accessibility" target="_blank">http://mono-project.com/Accessibility</a> 
<br />
<br />  PB: anything being done client side for UI interface? 
<br />
<br />  BT: take fully managed AT for windows, drop into linux and run 
<br />
<br />  PB: current capability? 
<br />
<br />  BT: testing; porting UIAVerify (test tool and GUI from Microsoft) to 
<br />  read ATK applications; also using White, a testing library, which is a 
<br />  very useful testing tool for windows; can take white and drop windows 
<br />  app into linux and test 
<br />    * <a href="http://www.codeplex.com/UIAutomationVerify" target="_blank">http://www.codeplex.com/UIAutomationVerify</a> 
<br />    * <a href="http://www.codeplex.com/white" target="_blank">http://www.codeplex.com/white</a> 
<br />
<br />  JW: Jeremy Whiting; working on KDE for 4 years; architectural speech 
<br />  team that developed [ SpeechDispatcher]; not a user of AT, but do 
<br />  listen to IRC during the day to keep in touch with KDE Speech Users 
<br />    _________________________________________________________________ 
<br />
<br />For Reference 
<br />
<br />* Agenda for the 12 January 2010 Open A11y Call 
<br />  <a href="http://www.linuxfoundation.org/en/Accessibility/Minutes/Agenda20100112" target="_blank">http://www.linuxfoundation.org/en/Accessibility/Minutes/Agenda20100112</a> 
<br />    _________________________________________________________________ 
<br />
<br />Announcements &amp; News 
<br />
<br />AT-SPI2 0.1.5 Available for Download (2010-01-11) 
<br />
<br />  AT-SPI2 is a D-Bus based accessibility framework. It defines a D-Bus 
<br />  protocol for providing and accessing application accessibility 
<br />  information. The project includes a library for bridging the D-Bus 
<br />  protocol to the ATK API, allowing Gtk based applications to be made 
<br />  accessible. It also contains a client (AT) side library in Python. 
<br />
<br />  AT-SPI2, version 0.1.5 is available for download at: 
<br />    * <a href="http://download.gnome.org/sources/pyatspi/0.1/" target="_blank">http://download.gnome.org/sources/pyatspi/0.1/</a> 
<br />    * <a href="http://download.gnome.org/sources/at-spi2-core/0.1/" target="_blank">http://download.gnome.org/sources/at-spi2-core/0.1/</a> 
<br />    * <a href="http://download.gnome.org/sources/at-spi2-atk/0.1/" target="_blank">http://download.gnome.org/sources/at-spi2-atk/0.1/</a> 
<br />
<br />AT-SPI2 0.1.5 Release Notes 
<br />
<br />  This is a development release of AT-SPI2, it has some unfinished 
<br />  features. 
<br />
<br />  A list of work required before a full release can be found at: 
<br />
<br />  <a href="http://live.gnome.org/Accessibility/BonoboDeprecation" target="_blank">http://live.gnome.org/Accessibility/BonoboDeprecation</a> 
<br />
<br />  For more information about the release of AT-SPI2 0.1.5, please 
<br />  consult the accessibility@lists.linuxfoundation.org archive, in 
<br />  particular: 
<br />
<br />  <a href="https://lists.linux-foundation.org/pipermail/accessibility-atspi/2009-December/000603.html" target="_blank">https://lists.linux-foundation.org/pipermail/accessibility-atspi/2009-December/000603.html</a> 
<br />    _________________________________________________________________ 
<br />
<br />Meeting Minutes 
<br />
<br />Topic 1: AT-SPI on D-Bus Port: Progress and Issues 
<br />
<br />    * AT-SPI on D-Bus Port wiki page last updated 30 October 2009 by 
<br />      Mike Gorse 
<br />         + MikeG is maintaining the AT-SPI on D-Bus Port wiki page, and 
<br />           will add info about AT-SPI2 development releases to the D-Bus 
<br />           wiki page 
<br />
<br />Discussion of Topic 1: D-Bus Port Update 
<br />
<br />  WW: talked to MarkD about release that just went out; working on bug 
<br />  that cropped up with leasing model; going to be working on fixing 
<br />  that; almost functionally complete -- need to build and debug and 
<br />  debug 
<br />
<br />  WW: worked with JW last week getting things to run on KDE, need more 
<br />  testing and bug filing from Jeremy 
<br />
<br />  WW: imperative that we start trying to grow out number of people using 
<br />  D-Bus and get as many bugs and fixes 
<br />
<br />  WW: have to update CORBA to D-Bus mapping wiki page -- a lot of 
<br />  questions about coexistence of CORBA and D-Bus need to address 
<br />
<br />  WW: just need to keep on hammering away; let's grow the number of 
<br />  people testing the D-Bus port; why i wanted to get JW involved testing 
<br />  on KDE 
<br />
<br />  JS: looking forward to driving KDE apps with Orca 
<br />
<br />  JS: long awaited development 
<br />
<br />  WW: referred Jeremy to mechanics of GNOME accessibility document -- if 
<br />  can figure out how maps to KDE, could use as basis for saying here is 
<br />  what you need 
<br />
<br />  JS: freeswitch is planning to build GUI interface for managing 
<br />  telephony in QT4.6 
<br />
<br />Topic 2: Open Accessibility Document Licensing 
<br />
<br />  JS: meeting with KarenC and Andrew Kirkpatrick of Adobe and Adobe's 
<br />  main standards person; tight timeline on update about licensing and 
<br />  AIA; agreed on what Adobe needs in order to support IA2 
<br />
<br />  JS: agreed if necessary can go out with BSD license and then 
<br />  re-certify; would be best to get Microsoft on board for a single 
<br />  release, one announcement, so development can move forward in tandem 
<br />
<br />  JS: the test that one needs to pass to qualify for the phrase in the 
<br />  Microsoft Community Promise that one has implemented the spec properly 
<br />  and hence qualify for free usage 
<br />
<br />  PB: Microsoft requested that we add 2 methods, but they seem to be the 
<br />  only consumer for them at present -- going to take work to change 
<br />  headers and rebuild files and everything 
<br />
<br />  JS: Adobe not using 2 methods yet, just what is in IA2 1.0.2 
<br />
<br />  PB: IA2 files currently have LGPL2 statements; need to know Adobe's 
<br />  and MS' schedule so can change IA2 documentation 
<br />
<br />  GJR: PB, please email me details of what needs to be changed and i can 
<br />  tweak doxygen templates for 2 potentialities 
<br />    _________________________________________________________________ 
<br />
<br />New Business 
<br />
<br />CSUN 2010 
<br />
<br />  JS: who will be at CSUN 2010? 
<br />
<br />  WW: i shall; Eitan Isaacson organizing a GNOME access 
<br />  meeting/hack-fest; trying to get some people funding in order to 
<br />  attend; goal: exposing more mainstream developers to accessibility so 
<br />  can make accessibility part of daily discipline 
<br />
<br />  JS: recommend JW attend; unique opportunity to learn and network 
<br />
<br />Identify Topics for Remaining January 2010 Teleconferences 
<br />
<br />  JS: do we need to meet next week 19 January 2010? 
<br />
<br />  WW: vote to skip a week; have to hammer away on bugs; day-to-day 
<br />  engagement; don't think need to regroup 
<br />
<br />  PB: ok with skipping 19 January as long as keep hammering on LF for 
<br />  licensing 
<br />
<br />  RESOLVED: no meeting 19 January 2010; next Open Accessibility 
<br />  Workgroup call will be held on 26 January 2010 
<br />
<br />Wrap Up 
<br />
<br />    * meeting adjourned 1644h UTC 
<br />    * next Open A11y conference call: 2010-01-26 
<br />    _________________________________________________________________ 
<br />
<br />Retrieved from: 
<br />* <a href="http://www.linuxfoundation.org/en/Accessibility/Minutes/Minutes20100112" target="_blank">http://www.linuxfoundation.org/en/Accessibility/Minutes/Minutes20100112</a> 
<br />
<br /></font>
</BODY>
</HTML>