[Accessibility] minutes: 2009-02-10 Workgroup telecon [draft]

Willie Walker William.Walker at Sun.COM
Wed Feb 11 08:06:05 PST 2009

While we're at it:

I'm not exactly sure where the AT-SPI/D-Bus work stands.  My
understanding about Mark's work is that he'll be ramping down the pure
AT-SPI/D-Bus work in March and ramping up on ATK support in KDE/Qt.

My assumption, which can be clarified by Mark, is that Mark was funded
primarily to get this stuff going for the purposes of supporting
automated testing across multiple desktop solutions (e.g., GNOME and
KDE).  While we hope that this means it will be sufficient for use by
assistive technologies, I'm not sure this is guaranteed.

What we need to do is find a 'catcher' for the AT-SPI/D-Bus work to
test/verify that it can supplant the AT-SPI/CORBA work for the purposes
of assistive technologies.

Will