[Accessibility] [Accessibility-ia2] [Accessibility-atspi] Shall we present at CSUN 2009?

Pete Brunet brunet at us.ibm.com
Mon Oct 20 12:10:25 PDT 2008

>alignment across platforms and with what exists on Windows

Mats, Since you didn't just say "accross platforms" (which I would assume
would be Windows/Linux/OSX) but added "and with what exists on WIndows"
what message were you conveying by adding that last phrase?

Pete Brunet

IBM Accessibility Architecture and Development
11501 Burnet Road, MS 9022E004, Austin, TX 78758
Voice: (512) 838-4594, Cell: (512) 689-4155
Ionosphere: WS4G

"Wichmann, Mats D" <mats.d.wichmann at intel.com>
Sent by: accessibility-ia2-bounces at lists.linux-foundation.org
10/16/2008 10:59 AM

Aaron Leventhal <aaronlev at moonset.net>, Richard
Schwerdtfeger/Austin/IBM at IBMUS
cc
A11y Handlers <accessibility-handlers at lists.freestandards.org>,
"accessibility-atspi at a11y.org" <accessibility-atspi at a11y.org>, Open A11y
<accessibility at a11y.org>, "accessibility-ia2 at a11y.org"
<accessibility-ia2 at a11y.org>, Janina Sajka <janina at a11y.org>,
"accessibility-ia2-bounces at lists.linux-foundation.org"
<accessibility-ia2-bounces at lists.linux-foundation.org>
Subject
Re: [Accessibility-ia2] [Accessibility-atspi] Shall we present  at CSUN
2009?

Aaron Leventhal wrote:
> Maybe one of the topics could be the feasibility of merging the
> various a11y APIs on Windows into one.
>
> How much of a long term goal is it, what are the technical challenges,
> how can we actually achieve it, and does the industry will exist to
> make it happen?

I do think there's a lot of interest in making sure there
exists/remains good alignment across platforms and with
what exists on Windows, and that sort of topic is a good
one for public presentations, yes.