[Accessibility] minutes: Open A11y Call 2008-10-14; IA2 approved!!!

"Andrés G. Aragoneses" aaragoneses at novell.com
Fri Oct 17 06:40:29 PDT 2008

Oh, I forgot to say: I remarked in the call that the target of the
at-spi-dbus project was to be fully tested by the community in the
upcoming versions (2.24 and 2.26) but with an eye in bundling it by
default in 2.28 (I'm talking about gnome versions).

One thing I learned in the summit as well is that there are still a
bunch of important core parts of gnome that still use Bonobo (gconf for
instance) even when there exist a dbus counterpart (gconf-dbus), which
IIRC worked pretty well. Any insights about the reasons?

Regards,

    Andrés

PS: BTW, the vala&GObject-introspection topics where pretty interesting.
I wonder if we should have used vala for at-spi-dbus (and prevent more
memory leaks this way).