[Accessibility] Fall/Spring time change

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Wed Oct 8 14:51:02 PDT 2008

I've been tweaking the URI in my agenda emails as well. I note the last
field in the URI, p1=10, appears to specify U.S. Eastern. When I ran the
meeting planner for Pete's time based on Austin, it gave p1=24.

So, have you ever seen a list of these values. It would be cool to just
build up the string without having to fill out the form on their site,
but one would need to reference the correct anchor time zone.

Janina

PS: I think time and date .com is pretty cool. I looked at the page
detailing late 2008 time changes and note that moves to daylight time in
the southern hemisphere actually began in August. Wow. I didn't know
that. I knew we were heading at the semi-annual discrepency between
Europe and the U.S., and I knew Israel was on a different schedule
still. But, I had no idea the spread is actually over 3 months; to say
nothing of all the national variations--including half hour and even
quarter hour variances.

Janina Sajka,	Phone:	+1.202.595.7777;	sip:janina at a11y.org

Chair, Open Accessibility	janina at a11y.org
Linux Foundation		http://a11y.org