[Accessibility-ia2] Relations

Rob Gallo rgallo at FreedomScientific.com
Thu Oct 22 08:44:13 PDT 2009

Pete,

You should keep in mind that an object may have multiple relations of a
given type. There is one example where an edit control has three label
relations:

- Sleep in:
- 10
- Minutes.

These are three separate objects. The object containing "10" is an edit. And
this scheme makes the control read quite nicely.

Thanks,
RG

  _____

From: accessibility-ia2-bounces at lists.linuxfoundation.org
[mailto:accessibility-ia2-bounces at lists.linuxfoundation.org] On Behalf Of
Pete Brunet
Sent: Thursday, October 22, 2009 10:27 AM
To: IA2 List
Subject: [Accessibility-ia2] Relations

Over the last year or so there have been several posts pointing out the
shortcomings of IA2::relation(s).  I think this is serious enough that I'd
like to get this fixed at some convenient point.  We'd have to deprecate
IAccessible2 and add IAccessible22 (or IAccessible2_2 if you'd prefer).

Please send me you input either on the list or in a private email regarding
the best time for adding the new interface.  I'd like to add it as an
additional interface for the IA2 v2 IDL (which was recently updated to add
IATable2 and IATableCell), but let me know if that would be a problem.

Is this what is needed?

Remove: nRelations, relation, relations

Add:
HRESULT relation ([in] BSTR *relationType, [out, retval] IAccessibleRelation
**relation)

--
Pete Brunet

a11ysoft - Accessibility Architecture and Development
(512) 238-6967 (work), (512) 689-4155 (cell)
Skype: pete.brunet
IM: ptbrunet (AOL, Google), ptbrunet at live.com (MSN)
http://www.a11ysoft.com/about/
Ionosphere: WS4G