[Accessibility-ia2] Types for Line-Through Color and Underline Color

Brian Cragun cragun at us.ibm.com
Wed Oct 21 14:29:48 PDT 2009

Hi,

If I could offer my two cents on Line-Through Color and Underline Color

I agree that for misspelled words, you shouldn't depend on the color
attribute of the underline for the AT to figure it out.   That's the
symptom, not the cause.  The cause is a misspelling, which should be shown
by it's own data tag, which apparently "invalid" does.    Invalid leads to
a treatment of the characters being displayed.  That treatment may be
underline or wavy underline, or italics or whatever.

I think there are still cases where the strikethrough or underline color
might reasonably be different than the text color.    Example:  you might
want strikethroughs to be the same color, regardless of the actual text.
It makes sense to default them to the same color, but I think it's very
possible to have uses for both.

- Brian

Brian Cragun
Human Ability & Accessibility Center
www.ibm.com/able & w3.ibm.com/able
"Improving employability and quality of life for people with disabilities"
W:(720)-663-2801    H:(507)288-2437