[Accessibility-ia2] Clarification of IAHyperllink

James Teh jamie at jantrid.net
Wed Jul 16 22:41:40 PDT 2008

Hi Pete,

This clarifies it somewhat. However, I think a better example of the
multi-multi-action case is an image map consisting of several links
which themselves have multiple actions. For example, each link might
have actions such as "follow", "copy to clipboard", etc. In this case,
the links must provide their own link objects which provide the multiple
actions for that link.

Btw, following this example, nActions() on such an image map would
return the number of links in that image map. However, trying to execute
an action with doAction() on one of those indices would be invalid,
because you actually need to get the link object for that link first
before you can examine its actions. This is yet another reason that
deriving IAccessibleHyperlink from IAccessibleAction is confusing.

Jamie