[Accessibility-ia2] Agenda for the Open Accessibility IA2 meeting - July 08, 2008
jamie at jantrid.net
Mon Jul 7 19:19:13 PDT 2008
Mick and I would like to discuss a few additional items in the near future:
* Making constants appear in the IAccessible2 type library:
* High level languages, such as Python, use the type library built from
the idl, rather than the .h files.
* Constants defined freely in the idl are not included in the type library.
* For example, this currently includes all of the IA2_STATE_* constants.
* If these are defined as enums, they can then be included in the
* Unfortunately, the IA2_RELATION_* constants obviously can't be an
enum and there doesn't seem to be any other construct that can be used,
so they cannot be included into the tlb.
* Mick has made the appropriate modifications to the idl.
* Proxy dll:
* The IA2 registration in Firefox is not yet implemented. Even once
complete, it will be several months before the next release of Firefox.
* We are implementing an in-process hook for NVDA which registers the
IA2 proxy for each process, thus allowing for portable Firefox and NVDA
in the meantime.
* We should decide on the guidelines that should be followed regarding
this proxy dll.
* We thought of the following:
* Portable ATs such as NVDA should inject into other processes and
register the proxy.
* Installed ATs should install and register the dll as a shared file
* Should applications such as Firefox register the proxy in their own
* Perhaps not if the ATs are going to do it anyway.
* This also means less copies of the dll floating around.
* Building the proxy dll:
* Mick has managed to get the proxy dll building with the tools
included with the Microsoft Windows SDK using a Makefile.
We've started our own bzr repository for IA2 and made a branch for all
of the changes mentioned above. The branch is at:
Pete Brunet wrote:
> The IA2 meeting will be held on Tuesday at the regular time 8 PM UTC (3
> PM Austin, 6 AM Eastern Australia, and 10 PM Germany).
> The agenda is at:
> The minutes from the last meeting are at :
> The callin numbers and pass code are listed in the meeting invitation.
> If you don't have that information contact me on the IRC channel or on IM.
> My IMs are ptbrunet on AIM (or yahoo or google talk) or brunet at
> us.ibm.com on MSN.
> The IRC channel is irc://irc.freestandards.org/ia2
> SIP softphone access is via dialing telecon after connecting to
> telecon at a11y.org. This bridges into the US toll free number.
> Instructions at:
> If you would like to receive a meeting invitation but have not please
> let me know so I can add you to the list*.
> Pete Brunet*
> IBM Accessibility Architecture and Development
> 11501 Burnet Road, MS 9022E004, Austin, TX 78758
> Voice: (512) 838-4594, Cell: (512) 689-4155
> Ionosphere: WS4G
> Accessibility-ia2 mailing list
> Accessibility-ia2 at lists.linux-foundation.org
Email: jamie at jantrid.net
MSN Messenger: jamie at jantrid.net
Jabber: jteh at jabber.org
More information about the Accessibility-ia2