[Accessibility-handlers] Unified Use Cases for Expert Handlers (Final?) Draft 2.04

Janina Sajka janina at a11y.org
Mon Feb 4 11:05:23 PST 2008

In reading our current draft, I am struck by a large leap in our
Introduction in the following two sentences:

>    Interpreting, displaying, and navigating the information is the
>    responsibility of the AT. Generalized markup is sometimes complimented
>    by markup specifications that facilitate more semantically precise
>    content markup.
I would suggest we add a bit here, something along the following lines:

Interpreting, displaying, and navigating the information is the responsibility
of the AT.  The success of the web and the increasing use of XML in documents
has lead AT to develop support for these "markup based" applications. However,
we must distinguish between two classes of markup in order to explain the need
for expert handler technology.  The type of markup generally used on the web,
such as HTML 4.0, is generally well handled by AT and is not addressed in our
document further.

Generalized markup, however, is sometimes complimented

Janina