[Accessibility-atspi] Announce: AT-SPI2 0.1.8 released
mgorse at novell.com
Tue Mar 30 20:25:38 PDT 2010
AT-SPI2 0.1.8 is now available for download at:
A list of work required before the full release can be found at:
This release is intended to be installed on a system where the CORBA
version of at-spi is already present. Gtk and python modules will be
re-located to non-standard directories on install so as not to conflict
with the AT-SPI CORBA modules. To disable this re-location configure
with the '--disable-relocate' option.
What's changed in AT-SPI2 0.1.8
* Set desktop role to "UNKNOWN" for compatibility with CORBA at-spi.
* Support reading an application's id (also useful for Strongwind)
* The registry daemon will now abort if at-spi2 is not relocated and CORBA
is in use.
* Work-around for a hang with threaded gtk applications (such as gnome-do).
* Avoid aborting the application on some errors.
* Fix a warning when a relation set is null.
* Expose Application interface so that queryApplication() will work in
pyatspi (needed for Strongwind)
What is AT-SPI2
AT-SPI2 is a D-Bus based accessibility framework. It defines a D-Bus
protocol for providing and accessing application accessibility
information. The project includes a library for bridging the D-Bus
protocol to the ATK API, allowing Gtk based applications to be made
accessible. It also contains a client (AT) side library in Python.
Where can I get more information about AT-SPI2
The project wiki is available at:
A page detailing the project plan can be found at:
How can I contribute to AT-SPI2?
We are actively seeking contributors to help us make this the standard
a11y framework for Gnome. We need help testing with Gnome accessibility
technologies, and are especially looking for someone to create client
bindings in 'C' that meet the cspi API.
IRC : #a11y on Gimpnet
E-Mail: accessibility-atspi at lists.linux-foundation org
Development repositories can be found at:
More information about the Accessibility-atspi