[Openais] /etc/init.d/corosync stop hangs

manish.gupta at ionidea.com manish.gupta at ionidea.com
Tue Mar 15 22:53:38 PDT 2011

Hi Steve,

       Thanks for your reply. But as suggested in earlier forum threads,
we need to use iptables to block traffic and make the Ring FAULTY.

        In this scenario also, we face similar issues.

        Issue1: When trafiic is blocked for both interfaces simultaneously
using      iptables -I INPUT -i eth0 DROP
           iptables -I INPUT -i eth1 DROP

        Finally if the ethernet for interface or Ring(eth0 or eth1) is
ready to allow traffic, then also Corosync will not detect that
Ring to be UP.

        Issue2: Multiple Heartbeat processes starts, thus makng the system
very slow when corosync-cftool -r command is issued when both
Interfaces are down. Or if 2 interfaces go down, and the Interface
which went down Firstly (using iptables)is made UP..

         Please help......