[Openais] coroipcc.c sem_init/sem_destroy?

Steven Dake sdake at redhat.com
Fri Jun 25 18:31:41 PDT 2010

On 06/25/2010 05:20 PM, dan clark wrote:
> Should the coroipcc client library have matching sem_destroy in the
> hdb_destructor for the corresponding sem_init calls in
> coroipcc_service_ connect?
> thanks,
> dan

Dan

exec/coroipcs.c executes a sem_destroy on the posix semaphores when the
client disconnects.  This is why I suggested trying to remove the
sem_destroy calls to see if that removes the lockup you experience.
Perhaps the sem_destroy happens during shutdown while a sem_wait is
pending in a client process.  The behavior of semaphores is undefined in
this scenario by the posix standard (and generally does bad things on
most platforms).

Regards
-steve