[Openais] no access to shared file system after power off

Haussecker, Armin armin.haussecker at ts.fujitsu.com
Mon Jun 14 04:42:48 PDT 2010

In our HA cluster consisting of two nodes (versions: openais-0.80.3-26.8.1, pacemaker-1.0.5-0.5.6, libdlm-2.99.08-8.11.11), we noticed the following behavior concerning access to files residing on our shared ocfs2 file system managed by OCF resource agent "Filesystem":

-       stopping openais on designated coordinator, it is possible to access shared file system after DC has changed;
-       reset (init 6) on designated coordinator, it is also possible to access shared file system after DC has changed;

but:
immediate power off on designated coordinator, it is not possible to access shared file system after DC has changed; it seems some locks on shared file system prevent accessing file system from new DC !!!
Having a look on concerned processes by ps ax, we see process state D (Uninterruptible sleep (usually IO)) !!!

Any idea to solve the problem ???

Regards,
Armin Haussecker