[Openais] Multiple corosync processes are started [again]

Oliver Heinz oheinz at fbihome.de
Thu Jun 10 02:25:17 PDT 2010

Hi all,

I experience the "multiple corosync processes are started" problem mentioned
already in february. Was this issue ever fixed and am I experiencing another
problem (with the same symptoms)?

https://lists.linux-foundation.org/pipermail/openais/2010-February/013812.html

After reboot of a node I get three corosync processes running.

Network is bond/vlan/bridge so it takes quite a while to bring the interfaces
up. I could not see this problem on my test KVM nodes which use bridged
interfaces only (but they probably get up considerably faster than the NICs on
the real hardware)

root      1913  0.0  0.0 233376  4540 ?        Ssl  11:08   0:00
/usr/sbin/corosync
root      2002  0.0  0.0 186472  2212 ?        S    11:08   0:00
/usr/sbin/corosync
root      2005  0.0  0.0 186472  2212 ?        S    11:08   0:00
/usr/sbin/corosync

corosync says that communication is fine but pacemaker has problems to bring up
all the clone resources. I'm not 100% sure if this is corosync related, but
the 3 corosync processes are the most obvious difference between working and
broken setups.

root at server-c:~/hb_report-Thu-10-Jun-2010# corosync-cfgtool -s
Printing ring status.
Local node ID 1728424128
RING ID 0
        id      = 192.168.5.103
        status  = ring 0 active with no faults

If I disable corosync at boot time completely and start it manually after the
system is up, everything is o.k.
If I kill all corosync processes (I need SIGKILL for that) and start it
afterwards everything is o.k.
If I disable init startup and start it via the post-up directive in
/etc/networking/interfaces (so that debian brings it up after the bridge
interface is setup) it still does not work - If I remeber correctly symptoms
are a little different in that case.

I tested with 1.2.1 (orig. debian squeeze package), 1.2.3 and 1.2.4 - same
behaviour.

Any ideas?

TIA,
Oliver