[Openais] it seems there is a pb to use Eth brigdes with corosync ?

Alain.Moulle Alain.Moulle at bull.net
Tue Jun 8 02:21:22 PDT 2010

Hi Steve

I've done more systematic tests about this issue , and here are my
conclusions:
with  my network configuration where one heartbeat is on eth1 and one
other on
br0 (bridge) , I've tested start of corosync several times with :

at first/ 1st ringnumber linked to eth1 IF AND 2nd ringnumber linked to
br0 IF

and then/ 1st ringnumber linked to br0 IF 2nd ringnumber linked to eth1 IF

It appears that just after changing the order networks in rings,
the first start always fails, meaning that crm_mon displays both nodes
as UNCLEAN at vitam eternam. Moreover we can't stop corosync with
/etc/init.d/corosync stop, it remains stalled at vitam eternam and we have
to kill the process and do rm -f of the subsys lock file.
After that , the second start always works ! crm_mon displays both nodes
"On" after 60s.
And then, we can stop and start corosync many times without any problem
anymore.

As soon as I change again the order of networks in rings, the first
start fails
again, and I've have to do same thing as described just upon, so that any
further stop/start are working fine again.

So my conclusion is that, if  there is one bridge IF  among both rings for
heartbeat, there is a systematic problem at first start only !

Hope these tests could help.

Thanks
Regards
Alain Moullé