[Openais] corosync starts too early

Vadym Chepkov vchepkov at gmail.com
Sun Jun 6 21:47:13 PDT 2010

On Jun 7, 2010, at 12:34 AM, Fabio M. Di Nitto wrote:

> There is also a major catch-22 in changing them.
>
> In certain environment it is necessary to start corosync right after the
> network because everything else in the boot process could require for
> example a cluster filesystem available (and corosync running as backend).

I realize that, that's why I brought it up.
But it would be certainly strange to see somebody starting resources relying on cluster's filesystem
outside of cluster configuration. And there is no sensible cluster configuration out there
that will start file system right away, some synchronization/DC detection has to occur and
by that time rc script has already finished.

> It´s possible that we might have to ship a specific rhel5 init script
> with different values as solution to this problem. Changing the current
> generic init is not an option as it would affect too many distributions
> vs a specific one.
>
> Fabio

Vadym