[Openais] How to tune corosync heartbeat timer ?

Alain.Moulle Alain.Moulle at bull.net
Wed Jun 2 05:38:12 PDT 2010

Hi again Steven,

Ok I think I understand the thing, I've tried several values of token
and got these results :

token:          5000   token_retransmits_before_loss_const: 20
consensus:      7500
       ==> ~10s
token:          10000   token_retransmits_before_loss_const: 20
consensus:      12000
       ==> ~12s
token:          15000   token_retransmits_before_loss_const: 20
consensus:      18000
       ==> ~36s
token:          20000   token_retransmits_before_loss_const: 20
consensus:      24000
       ==>  ~45s
token:          25000   token_retransmits_before_loss_const: 20
consensus:      30000
       ==>  ~55s

so I think that only token value (and dependant consensus = 1.2 token)
is only meaningful for
this heartbeat timeout before deciding to fence.
And that you suggest to increase the token_retransmits_before_loss_const
just because
there is more time (as we increase token) to give more tries for
retransmit ,

Am I right ?

Thanks
Regards.