[Openais] Another issue with corosync shutdown

Andreas Mock Andreas.Mock at web.de
Wed Apr 28 15:05:45 PDT 2010

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Steven Dake <sdake at redhat.com>
Gesendet: 28.04.2010 20:40:32
An: Andreas Mock <Andreas.Mock at web.de>
Betreff: Re: [Openais] Another issue with corosync shutdown

>It would be helpful to know the state of the network (gather,
>operational, commit, recovery) when the shutdown was initiated.  This
>can be gathered by turning on debug.

Hi Steven, hi all,

attached you find the log files for the two nodes db03, db04 and
the log of CTS.

I'm pretty sure that all hassle start with the first error logged by CTS.
Between that first error and the situation where cocorsync is stuck
the CPU usage by corosync on node db04 was suddenly 100%.

With the last situation it has a CPU usage of 200%.
IMHO there is something building up.
In the condition with CPU load 100% corosync was up and CTS didn't want
to stop it. Child processes where 'defunc'. strace had much output.

I'm pretty sure that also in the first run the test 'SpecialTest1' caused an
error. Probably this is the root of the following problems.

If you're interested in the currect condition please hurry up. I have to kill
corosync soon.

Best regards
Andreas Mock