[Openais] Corosync Patch: Fix the default for COROSYNC_RUN_DIR

Fabio M. Di Nitto fdinitto at redhat.com
Fri Apr 9 21:18:46 PDT 2010

On 4/9/2010 8:17 PM, Steven Dake wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-04-09 at 15:05 +0200, Andrew Beekhof wrote:
>> This looks like a copy/paste error to me...
>>
>> The "RUN" in COROSYNC_RUN_DIR would seem to imply /var/run
>> Also /var/lib is persistent and doesn't need to be created at startup.
>> On the other-hand, LSB states that the contents of /var/run is blow
>> away at boot time.
>>
>> So I'm reasonably sure the following patch is correct.
>> Please ACK.
>
> In general "rundir" should probably be renamed to "libdir" since the
> idea is that data stored there is persistent.
>
> Totem requires persistence between node boots of data stored with the
> rundir path.

/var/lib/corosync should be created at "make install" time and it´s
guaranteed to be there by packaging and after each reboot.

/var/run/corosync is more complicated. As Andrew already mentioned LSB,
we need to make sure that it´s created at startup time. Most daemons can
do that in the init script and be done with it. Corosync doesn´t have
that luxury because it can be invoked in several different ways (cman
for example), therefor it needs to do the dir creation/check within the
code as the init script is not always used.

This is the problem we need to address basically.

Fabio