[Openais] first time install of corosync, openais and pacemaker on ubuntu 9.04

Mike Peachey mike.peachey at jennic.com
Fri Nov 6 08:32:13 PST 2009

Frank DiMeo wrote:
> All,
>
> I’m just getting started with open source HA and have built and
> installed corosync (1.1.0) and openais (1.1.0) on a ubuntu 9.04 distro.
>
> I then followed the instructions at
> http://www.clusterlabs.org/wiki/DebianCorosync to build and install:
> cluster-glue, agents and pacemaker.
>
> I intend to try using corosync, openais, and pacemaker, so my question
> is: do I really need to have built and installed the cluster-glue and
> agents?  In my reading, it seems like heartbeat and openais are now peer
> entities, so I’m not sure what the heartbeat components do in a system
> made up of corosync, openais, and pacemaker.
>
> Any advice?

Pacemaker depends on corosync.
OpenAIS is optional, but recommended,
Corosync and OpenAIS depend on Cluster Resource Agents.
Cluster Resource Agents depends on Cluster Glue.

The bottom line is that if you want Pacemaker, the best process is to
build and installall five, in this order:

Cluster Glue
Cluster Resource Agents
Corosync
OpenAIS
Pacemaker

If it helps.. they're in alphabetical order.
--
Kind Regards,

Mike Peachey, IT
Tel: +44 114 281 2655
Fax: +44 114 281 2951
Jennic Ltd, Furnival Street, Sheffield, S1 4QT, UK
Comp Reg No: 3191371 - Registered In England
http://www.jennic.com