[Openais] first time install of corosync, openais and pacemaker on ubuntu 9.04

Frank DiMeo Frank.DiMeo at bigbandnet.com
Fri Nov 6 08:15:57 PST 2009

All,

I'm just getting started with open source HA and have built and installed corosync (1.1.0) and openais (1.1.0) on a ubuntu 9.04 distro.

I then followed the instructions at http://www.clusterlabs.org/wiki/DebianCorosync to build and install: cluster-glue, agents and pacemaker.

I intend to try using corosync, openais, and pacemaker, so my question is: do I really need to have built and installed the cluster-glue and agents?  In my reading, it seems like heartbeat and openais are now peer entities, so I'm not sure what the heartbeat components do in a system made up of corosync, openais, and pacemaker.

Any advice?

-Thanks

Frank