[Openais] Problem stoping Corosync+Pacemaker

Adrian Chapela achapela.rexistros at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 03:59:52 PST 2009

Andrew Beekhof escribió:
> On Thu, Nov 5, 2009 at 11:13 AM, Adrian Chapela
> <achapela.rexistros at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Madkiss packages init script is the same as I am using.
>>
>>> This is the stop() function from init/redhat (in the source tarball)
>>>
>>> stop() {
>>>     echo -n $"Stopping Corosync Cluster Engine ($prog): "
>>>     # If no signal is specified, -TERM is used but _also_ -KILL 3s later
>>>     # This is far too aggressive for a cluster resource manager
>>> running on top of Corosync
>>>     killproc $prog -TERM
>>>     echo
>>>
>>>     echo -n $"Waiting for services to unload:"
>>>     while
>>>         pidofproc $prog > /dev/null 2>&1
>>>     do
>>>         sleep 2
>>>     done
>>>
>>>     success $"$base shutdown"
>>>     echo
>>>
>>>     rm -f "$lockfile"
>>>     return 0
>>> }
>>>

>> With the above function I have a problem,killproc, pidofproc and success
>> command doesn't exist on my system (I have changed pidofproc by pidof
>> command).I have no idea on which packet could be these commands. Maybe
>> these commands are functions of Red Hat systems who are in file
>> /etc/rc.d/init.d/functions . Someone could have a look in this file ?
>>

> yes, pidofproc is there.

Now I am using generic script include on corosync-1.1.2.tar.gz .

I have found that when I think that corosync is down, or isn't up and
killall command is confused, it is not really true. The process that
corosync is sawing is corosync init script because I have called
corosync.  This is the confussion of  killall command to not start well
or to try to shutdown forever.

But, sometimes corosync is not starting... I have attached the
daemon.log of one ot these times when corosync is unable to start. Could
you have a look.

>> Also the result of trying stop corosync daemon is even worst with this
>> script than with other script.
>>

> you'd still need to make sure the pid file was populated.
> the redhat script uses the daemon command for this.
>

>> Someone with redhat could give a try a clean cib file and then add the
>> pingd clone and try to stop it to know if in systems like red hat
>> corosync+pacemaker is working well ?
>>

> Works very nicely.  I ran a few thousand tests with it last week.

Thank you!