[Openais] quorum service question

Christine Caulfield ccaulfie at redhat.com
Mon Nov 2 03:16:31 PST 2009

On 02/11/09 11:13, Dietmar Maurer wrote:
>>> What operations are blocked - I can't find that in the source code?
>>>

>> See in main.c
>>
>> static int corosync_sending_allowed()
>
> # grep CS_LIB_ALLOW_INQUORATE services/*.[ch]
> services/cfg.c: .allow_inquorate                        = CS_LIB_ALLOW_INQUORATE,
> services/confdb.c:      .allow_inquorate                        = CS_LIB_ALLOW_INQUORATE,
> services/cpg.c: .allow_inquorate                        = CS_LIB_ALLOW_INQUORATE,
> services/votequorum.c:  .allow_inquorate                        = CS_LIB_ALLOW_INQUORATE,
>

> So CFG, CPG and VOTEQUORUM works normal when the cluster is inquorate? But EVS does not?

Yes, that's how it currently is - I suspect that all openais services
are blocked too.

It might be the case that some other subsystems need to operate when
there is no quorum - when quorum was added only a few subsystems were
decided to be allowed to bypass it. It would also be nice to make it
more granular ... so that some calls of (say) CPG were blocked with
there was no quorum.

But that's what we have now!

Chrissie