[Openais] Access denied when corosync is run by cman service.

Alan Conway aconway at redhat.com
Fri Feb 13 06:10:39 PST 2009

Chrissie Caulfield wrote:
> Alan Conway wrote:
>> I've got a cluster app that works fine with corosync alone. Hoever if I start
>> corosync via cman I get errno 11 - "access denied" from cpg_init. Is there some
>> different security rule when cman is in play?
>
> cman enables quorum, and many IPC calls are blocked when the cluster is
> inquorate - including CPG. So it could be simply that you need to make
> sure your cluster has quorum.

Ok good to know - so I can't start any CPG app until the cluster is quorate?

I was under the impression that my app needed to call cman_is_quorate itself and
delay startup till it gets a true value. Also that it should check
cman_is_quorate while running and shut down if it ever loses quorum. Are you
saying that both of these things will happen automatically and I can delete all
that code?

For start-up, how can I get my app started after cman gets a quorum?  I guess I
can't just use regular /etc/init.d scripts since I have no way of knowing when
quorum is achieved - is there some way to schedule apps to be started by cman
once quorate?