[Openais] Corosync API

Christine Caulfield ccaulfie at redhat.com
Wed Jul 30 03:21:49 PDT 2008

Here are a couple of things I've noticed about the new corosync API.

In general, I like it. It's much tidier than before, but

1. exec_handler_fn() doesn't return the message length. I really really
need to know how long the message is. cman sends variable length
messages and didn't need to include the message length in the header
because aisexec told me how long the packet was. As I'm not allowed to
change the network protocol I'm a bit stuck on this.

2. external config modules are rather strange. If I include
<corosync/engine/config.h> (as I'm maybe not supposed to) then then
.readconfig routine gets called with an objdb* rather than a
corosync_api_v1* which the rest of the coroapi routines use. I can
probably cope with this but it looks a bit odd and given what I was told
on IRC I might not be supposed to be using config.h anyway.

I appreciate that config modules should probably access the objdb
directly, so I suppose my question is "am I supposed to include
config.h" in an externally built module ?

Chrissie