[Openais] Is the EVT framework broken in openais0.80.3..?

V.N. Raju iamvnraju at gmail.com
Sun Jul 6 08:46:55 PDT 2008

Hi Steve,

First of all, I am sorry for being so vague.
Well ...here's what I am doing.
I have this application which uses openais.
The app also uses Postgres as the database and all the three (application,
Postgres and openais) are on the same server machine.
The app is the subscriber of openais events which are published by the
Postgres database server.(We have patched Postgres to call the openais
apis).

We are using openais for high availability and the same setup is replicated
on another  machine for the HA scenario.

Well, the thing is, earlier we were using openais0.70 and everything used to
work just fine. Now we have decided to use openais0.80.3(Whitetank) instead.

So basically we are moving from the Picacho release to Whitetank and here
are the issues I am facing.

Starting off, I couldn't enable the logging feature to do the logging to the
log file.
Here's the openais.config file...for context

totem {
        version: 2
        secauth: off
        threads: 0
        interface {
                ringnumber: 0
                bindnetaddr: 127.0.0.0
                mcastaddr: 226.94.1.1
                mcastport: 5405
        }
}

logging {
        to_stderr: yes
        to_file: yes
     logfile: /tmp/ais
        debug: on
        timestamp: on
}

amf {
        mode: disabled
}

The other bigger issue is that the the subscriber of events is able to
successfully call EvtInitialize() which calls saServiceConnect() but the
same is failing for the publisher (Postgres).
Here's the code in the file openais-0.80.3/lib/util.c of the function
saServiceConnect() with comments where it is failing...

#endif
 address.sun_family = PF_UNIX;
#if defined(OPENAIS_LINUX)
 strcpy (address.sun_path + 1, socketname);
#else
 strcpy (address.sun_path, socketname);
#endif
 responseFD = socket (PF_UNIX, SOCK_STREAM, 0);
 /*----> this connect call in saService
 Connect() was failing and on printing the value of errno, was getting
(ECONNREFUSED) 111*/
 if (responseFD == -1) {
  return (SA_AIS_ERR_NO_RESOURCES);
 }

Any directions as to what could be wrong...?

regards,
V.N.Raju