[Openais] crash in lcr_ifact_release()

angus salkeld angus.salkeld at alliedtelesis.co.nz
Thu Apr 26 22:04:08 PDT 2007

Hi

Can anyone tell me if this error rings a bell.
> it seems to be a reference counting issue (hdb_handle_put being called too many times)

In an older version of openais lcr_ifact_release() had an early return (see below).

This has recently been removed, so I gave aisexec ago without the early return (I now have an almost vanilla openais).

Note: I am running aisexec on an embedded ppc platform (uClibc).

I get a crash very eary on:
[manager at awplus /flash]# aisexec
[manager at awplus /flash]# [MAIN ] AIS Executive Service RELEASE 'subrev 1358 version 0.81'
[MAIN ] Copyright (C) 2002-2006 MontaVista Software, Inc and contributors.
[MAIN ] Copyright (C) 2006 Red Hat, Inc.
[MAIN ] AIS Executive Service: started and ready to provide service.
18:42:20 Process aisexec (PID:903) signal 11, core dumped to /tmp/aisexec-r3-5.2.1-anguss-1176835340.core.903

Backtrace:
#0  0x3001a968 in ?? ()
#1  0x3002d080 in ?? ()
#2  0x1001b72c in lcr_ifact_reference (iface_handle=0x7fdb56e0, iface_name=0x1001ed30 "aisparser", version=0, iface=0x7fdb56e8, context=0x0) at lcr_ifact.c:373
#3  0x10013dd0 in main (argc=<value optimized out>, argv=<value optimized out>) at main.c:473

int lcr_ifact_release (unsigned int handle)
{
	struct lcr_iface_instance *iface_instance;
	int res = 0;

	res = hdb_handle_get (&lcr_iface_instance_database,
		handle, (void *)&iface_instance);

/*angus: why do I need this?????
 */
	return (res);
/*angus: */

	if (iface_instance->destructor) {
		iface_instance->destructor (iface_instance->context);
	}

	hdb_handle_put (&lcr_component_instance_database,
		iface_instance->component_handle);
	hdb_handle_put (&lcr_iface_instance_database, handle);
	hdb_handle_destroy (&lcr_iface_instance_database, handle);

	return (res);
}

Thanks in advance.

-Angus

notify Allied Telesis Labs Ltd immediately.
be the views of Allied Telesis Labs.