[Openais] openais on fedora 6

Steven Dake sdake at redhat.com
Mon Apr 9 13:35:45 PDT 2007

Anjana,

This configuration file is suitable for operating openais between two
machines.  Just make sure that the ip address of the two machines is
10.207.53.X.  The mcastaddr, however is incorrect and should follow the
IPV4 multicast address specification.  Otherwise you will be unable to
form a configuration.

Once the system is operational, you can use AMF to assign active and
standby component service instances to a component.  Essentially each
component has a callback which tells it which ha state to enter.  This
callback is called .saAmfCSISetCallback in the callback list for AMF
services.  Please take a look at testamf1.c to see an example.

The testamf1 program is started by enabling AMF in the openais.conf file
by replacing amf: disabled with amf:enabled.  The amf.conf file must be
modified.  Please take a look at README.amf to see how the amf.conf file
must be modified.  Essentially paths to the binary must be set.

Please note the AMF in Fedora Core 6 is somewhat experimental and
subject to change.  It also doesn't really work to well with multinode
configurations.  If you want to use AMF, I'd suggest using 0.81.

Finally to answer your last question, machines are not made active or
standby; instead components that are started are designated as
operational and active or standby.  Hence, one machine could have 3
active components and 3 standby components, all depending on the
configuration file, which is described in README.amf.

Regards
-steve