[Openais] Re: latest svn tree

Steven Dake sdake at redhat.com
Thu Apr 27 13:32:15 PDT 2006

On Thu, 2006-04-27 at 13:27 -0700, Mark Haverkamp wrote:
> I updated my svn tree this morning after seeing that the ipc code was
> checked in.  Anyway I rebuilt and started running my tests again.  After
> about 3 hours the cluster went through a config change.  Only two of the
> four nodes were involved.  The others didn't exit or crash they just
> seem to be stuck.  No output since I started them earlier today.

Must be some kind of mutex problem.  If you still have the apps running,
Use gdb to attach to them and use thread 1 followed by where, thread 2
followed by where, thread 3 followed by where, etc and give me the
output of all of those.  This will tell us which mutexes are contended
upon which should help narrow down the search.  If you can save a core,
you can do the same thing with kill -SIGSEGV the binary and then view
the stack backtraces of the core.

Regards
-steve