[Openais] (no subject)

Steven Dake sdake at redhat.com
Tue Apr 18 01:10:58 PDT 2006

On Tue, 2006-04-18 at 16:02 +0800, 范志歆 wrote:
> Hello ALL:
>

> I am trying to use openais0.71 in my research. I found that OPENAIS
> throws “zero” message after a period.
>

> I think that came from totemsrp.c after checking some “MULTICAST
> WINDOW” things? But I am not sure what’s happened.
>

> All I did was writing data into checkpoint concurrently in three nodes
> (about 300K / seconds each).
>

> I found that not only my application but also ckptbench.c caused this.
>

> So I am wondering if there is any thing I should know before I use
> OPENAIS?
>

> Are there any constraints in sending lots of messages concurrently in
> OPENAIS?

Eric
That problem has been fixed in later versions please use a later version
such as 0.73 or the pending 0.74.

When sending many messages, the APIs may return SA_AIS_ERR_TRY_AGAIN.
Your application must handle this return code by either retrying now or
later or doing something else.  This is the basic means by which flow is
controlled into the network infrastructure.

Regards
-steve