[Openais] help of openais

Steven Dake sdake at redhat.com
Mon Apr 17 12:18:45 PDT 2006

On Mon, 2006-04-17 at 22:35 +0800, peter wrote:
> Hi,All
>
> I am viewing the source of openais .
> Now,I meet the question about message send within openais .
>
> step 1 :
> The client send the request to libais ,i.e message_handler_req_lib_amf_componentregister
> .
> step 2 :
> message_handler_req_lib_amf_componentregister put the message into the queue through
> totempg_groups_mcast_joined .
>
> step 3 :
> my question is when the message will be sent to execais or other node active ? (not
> passive,I saw some function of active_algo will be executed  if some condition
> satisfiability  ) . which api ?

The message is sent through the totem stack eventually whenever the ORF
token is received by a processor and that processor may send messages
according to the flow control constraints.  The rrp_algo active
algorithm is for "redundant ring" operation.  Active redundant ring
replication replicates every message over both network connections and
takes care to remove duplicates when a message is received.  Redundant
ring is not entirely working yet;  I'm still working on the membership
layer changes.

Regards
-steve