[Openais] Question of CLM about OpenAis

Steven Dake sdake at redhat.com
Mon Apr 3 08:49:21 PDT 2006

On Mon, 2006-04-03 at 17:22 +0800, peter wrote:
> Hi,All
>
> If I use CLM service of OpenAis .
> I want to know how to solve these questions when I meet .
>
> 1. If the network interface card occurs fault or used ifconfig up/down without bonding
> function of kernel .

The totem protocol will detect faults in the network interface card
because it will be unable to send a message.  If you ifconfig down the
interface, openais will automatically bind to 127.0.0.1.

> 2.If the Active machine occurs power off suddenly ( i mean not use reboot or shutdown
> command ,maybe the power strip occurs fault ) . At this time ,no response or message can
> be receive or send from the Active machine .How to takeover the task from Active machine
> to the Standby machine ?

The AMF will detect the fault and will direct the standby applications
into action.  The standby application should read its state from the
checkpoint stored in the checkpoint servcice.